Winter holidays bring best traditions

Caroline Chang

One of the most popular traditions during winter holidays includes decorating. Pictured is a Thanksgiving themed centerpiece that families enjoy looking at while eating together.

Caroline Chang, Staff Writer

Throughout the year, many holidays take place; however, the few that occur during the months of November and December tend to be the most memorable.

In November, Thanksgiving reunites families from all over the country. Airports become much busier as extended family flies back home, and students get the week off from school to spend time with loved ones. Usually, families are able to unite over a single favorite tradition: eating. Families prepare food together all day long before they get to sit down and eat it together.

Senior Jalen Knight said, “My favorite Thanksgiving tradition is making macaroni and cheese because my mother and I make it together.”

Additionally, immediately following Thanksgiving, the Christmas season is in full force in our community. Many families travel to see their extended family, and once again, food is a major factor during the Christmas celebration. However, the traditions of setting up and decorating the Christmas tree and wrapping presents to be opened Christmas morning are more unique to the Christmas holiday.

Senior Alexandra Dumas said, “At Christmas, I enjoy sitting around the table with my family and eating the apple pie that my grandmother makes to show her love for my family and me.”