Breaking News
Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Support Us
$350
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Homecoming themes change through the years

Junior homecoming group 2012-2013
Sydney Horne, Cynthia Crabbe, Ashton Baze, Mollie Michel, Ann Elyse Ishmael, Claudia Conners, Kristen Plunkett, Anna Barfield, Cortland Anderson, Becca Beato, Kassandra Roberts, and Sarah Ann Head heading to their junior year homecoming, 2012. Photo by Heather Stephenson.

The homecoming dance at McIntosh High School has always been an enticing event for all classes. Throughout the years MHS has had many interesting and different themes for the dance; the past four themes include Neon Night, Homecoming in Paradise, A Night in Paris, and to add to the list, Roll Out the Red Carpet for this upcoming dance on September 21. Senior, Anna Barfield, said, “My favorite dance theme was without a doubt my freshman year dance, neon night. I really liked getting the glow sticks and just having the experience at my first dance was so much fun.” Also, freshman Haley Littmann said, “I cannot wait to dance with all my friends at my first high school dance.”

In high school, whether you believe it or not, it’s the little things, such as football games, homecoming dances, and even prom, that structure one’s memories of her high school experience. Everyone has a favorite theme. In the comments below tell us about a favorite theme you wish to either relive or experience for the first time.

$350
$500