Breaking News
  • March 284/1-5 Spring Break
  • March 283/29 Blood Drive
  • March 283/28 Art Show
  • March 273/28 Thespian Variety Show @ 7
  • March 223/29 Track and Field: Friday Night Lights @ 4:30
  • March 223/28 Baseball game against Pike Co @ 6:00
Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Social network “Facebook” hits one billion users

On a normal fall afternoon, one person made history by simply clicking the words “sign up” on the mega-popular social networking site, Facebook. The famous company hit its one billion user mark on September 14.

As of the beginning of October, Facebook has reached 1.5 billion users, and is still rapidly escalating by the second. Founder and CEO of the famous site, Mark Zuckerburg, said regarding the major achievement, “To be able to come into work every day and build things that help a billion people stay connected with the people they care about every month, that is just unbelievable.”

And what else is unbelievable is the other statistics Facebook has released to the public. In total, Facebook has had over 265 billion photos uploaded. Also, the popular Facebook feature, the “like” button, has been pushed more than 1.2 billion times as of February 2009. These statistics are not definite, as Facebook’s popularity and usage is increasing tremendously day by day.

Mark Zuckerburg concludes, “If you’re reading this: thank you for giving me and my little team the honor of serving you. Helping a billion people connect is amazing, humbling and by far the thing I am most proud of in my life. I am committed to working every day to make Facebook better for you, and hopefully together one day we will be able to connect the rest of the world too.”

$250
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.