Breaking News
  • March 284/1-5 Spring Break
  • March 283/29 Blood Drive
  • March 283/28 Art Show
  • March 273/28 Thespian Variety Show @ 7
  • March 223/29 Track and Field: Friday Night Lights @ 4:30
  • March 223/28 Baseball game against Pike Co @ 6:00
Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Jason Aldean launches new album “Night Train”

Jason Aldean’s “Night Train” album cover

Country music sensation, Jason Aldean, released his fifth album entitled “Night Train” on October 16. “Night Train,” along with Taylor Swift’s “Red,” have been the two most anticipated country releases this fall.

Georgianative Aldean has been a consistent contender in the country genre over the past years. His first big hits, “Big Green Tractor,” “She’s Country” and “The Truth” have all been at No. 1 in 2009. His last album, “My Kinda Party,” featuring hits such as “My Kinda Party,” and the renowned Kelly Clarkson duet “Don’t You Wanna Stay,” debuted at No. 2  in 2010 for a few months before finally moving up to No. 1. Aldean has also won awards for his musical achievements such as multiple CMAs (Country Music Awards) and Billboard Music Awards. Currently, after his incredibly successful 2012 tour, he has been called one of the top five country performers.

Regarding the newest album, many of Aldean’s long-awaited fans and critics both agree this is his best album yet. This time around, Aldean combined some of his original, legendary southern twang with some hard-rock tracks. His “edge,” which will obviously lead to some mixed reviews, however help Aldean stand out from the other country artists. Some fan track favorites include “Wheel Rollin’,” the title track, “Night Train,” a Florida Georgia Line rendition, “Black Tears,” and “The Only Way I Know.”

The day of the album release, Aldean made an appearance on Good Morning America. He promoted the record and also performed a few of his new tracks. His next appearance was on October 17 on Live with Kelly & Michael. The country music star promoted and performed some of his new tunes once again.

Overall, “Night Train” impressed both dedicated fans and also those new to country. This fantastic album is largely anticipated to win for 2012’s Best Album of the Year.

$250
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.